Trauma-Informed Utah helps organizations and businesses learn about, integrate, and adopt trauma-informed approaches at the organizational level, including operations, policies and procedures, managerial practices, and program development.
Trauma-Informed Utah (TIU) was established in May 2021, built on 6+ years of dedicated work by partners across Utah to establish formal statewide assistance for organizations and businesses seeking to implement a trauma-informed approach. The community desire for these services is strong and well-established. TIU is dedicated to improving the wellbeing of current and future generations of Utah families as innovations and new knowledge on healing trauma and resilience.
Trauma-Informed Utah is a 501c3 tax-exempt not-for-profit organization.
The mission of Trauma-Informed Utah is to promote and support efforts to move Utah toward becoming a trauma-informed state.
That all Utahns understand the potential impact of adversity in childhood and as adults; and work to implement the trauma-informed approach for building resiliency and reducing the impact of adversity across the lifespan.
- Trauma-Informed Approach: The trauma-informed approach is applicable in all settings, including the TIU Center
- Diversity, equity and inclusion: Considering issues of diversity, equity and inclusion is important in TIU processes and products
- Accessibility: TIU Center serves the entire state in content and presence
- Sustainability: A stable funding base is necessary for supporting sustainability
- Evidence based: Programs, policies and practices are built on the best available knowledge/evidence base
- Accountability: Establish outcome measures to evaluate quality and impact
- Community-driven: The TIU Center supports the work of others and is responsive to evolving needs identified by the community
Trauma-Informed Utah is not. . .
Trauma-Informed Utah is not a direct service provider (i.e. therapy, survivor advocacy, case management etc.). TIU is designed to support the organizations and staff who provide these types of services.