Built on six years of dedicated work by partners across Utah, Trauma-Informed Utah (TIU) was formally established as a 501c3 tax-exempt not-for-profit organization in May 2021. TIU helps organizations and businesses learn about, integrate, and adopt trauma-informed approaches at the organizational level. These interventions include updating operations, policies and procedures, managerial practices, and program development. The community desire for these services is strong and well-established. TIU is dedicated to improving the wellbeing of current and future generations of Utah families by incorporating new knowledge on mitigating the impacts of trauma and growing community resilience.
The mission of Trauma-Informed Utah is to promote and support efforts to move Utah toward becoming a trauma-informed state.
That all Utahns understand the potential impact of adversity in childhood and as adults; and work to implement the trauma-informed approach for building community resilience and reducing the impact of adversity across the lifespan.
- Trauma-Informed Approach: The trauma-informed approach is applicable in all settings, including within TIU
- Diversity, equity and inclusion: Considering issues of diversity, equity and inclusion is important in TIU processes and products
- Accessibility: TIU serves the entire state in content and presence
- Sustainability: A stable funding base is necessary to support sustainability
- Evidence-based: Programs, policies and practices are built on the best available knowledge/evidence base
- Accountability: Establish outcome measures to evaluate quality and impact
- Community-driven: TIU supports the work of others and is responsive to evolving needs identified by the community
Trauma-Informed Utah is not. . .
Trauma-Informed Utah is not a direct service provider (i.e. therapy, survivor advocacy, case management etc.). TIU is designed to support the organizations and staff providing these and many other services.